The adoption story needs to include an HCF email contact address along with the story. Please use this email address as an HCF contact address for your story:
For further details please see below:
FROM THE PETCO WEBPAGE:
The Petco Foundation’s Holiday Wishes campaign in partnership with Halo, Purely for Pets, is back – but with some very important improvements. Take action today to make your Holiday Wishes come true and increase your chance of receiving that $100,000 grant to save more lives!
When: Nomination dates - October 1 – 31, 2015
Who: Your animal welfare organization could be selected for the opportunity to apply for one of our Holiday Wishes grants, totaling $500,000. Grants will be awarded in the following amounts:
- Grand Prize winner — $100,000
- 2 Second Place award winners — $50,000 each
- 5 Third Place award winners — $25,000 each
- 10 award winners — $10,000 each
- 15 award winners — $5,000 each
- First, the nomination process – Adopters can nominate your organization by sending in their story about adopting an animal from your organization and how that animal made their life happier, more joyful and just all around better. We all know that adopting an animal not only changes the animal’s life but also changes the adopter’s life. This year we are looking for those great adoption success stories of how “Love Changes Everything” for the animal and the adopter. We encourage you to reach out to your adopters and local press to encourage submissions. To help you with this outreach, we have provided materials (linked below) to assist you in these efforts.
- Second, the finalist grant application submission – After reviewing all adopter nominations, the Petco Foundation will select the best Holiday Wishes stories and finalist organizations will be invited to submit a Holiday Wishes grant application. An invitation to submit a grant application does not guarantee you will be awarded a grant but it does mean that from all applications submitted your organization is a finalist – definitely something to be excited about and to make sure you act promptly.
Timely and correct completion of the grant application is required to be considered for a Holiday Wishes grant. So we encourage you to provide your adopters with an email address for the appropriate person in your organization that will be on the lookout for the finalist invitation and who can assure completion of the application which will require basic organizational information consistent with all of the Petco Foundation grant applications.